Monday, October 1, 2007

Tuhala


Yeaaa,

Well, it's the 1st of October and winter is moving in here in Tallinn. Today the Reynolds and I went for an excursion to the village of Tuhala to see a natural spring. I was able to drive their car for about 2 hours through the winding forest, which was pretty exciting. After about 2 hours of searching, we found the spring...which had run dry.

This picture is of the "sacred" juniper of Tuhala...there is a lot of pagan worship that goes on up in this area of Europe...sun, moon, stars, nature=gods. Anyway, I had to run through a crop field to get this picture, but it was worth it.

The conference is in 4 days! Groups are beginning to get here and things are starting to roll...thanks for your prayers and support.

Love you all!

Halley

3 comments:

DAD said...

Cool tree, looks like the same sort of stuff I saw with the native Americans in South Dakota. A prayer tree, lots of cloths tied in the tree with a bunch of Indians sitting around chanting. I fortunately had a browning .380 semi auto pistol in my back pack if they decided to start Custards Last Stand. It did not happen, but you never know. Hope everything is going well, Love DAD

Halley said...

Dad, thanks for commenting.

Halley said...

So, my Estonian friend, Andres, just informed me that this tree is where animal and some human sacrificing went on for a few centuries...i definitely was in a sacred burial ground and I definitely touched that tree...and I totally felt creepy while there because it was SOO windy that day, but inside the circle it was SILENT...dahhhh....hindu temples and now sacrificing trees....when will i learn!?